Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Makeup, first day of work:

Today, I had my first day at my new salon. It has been a while since I've had to care at all about what I look. Well, I mean that I care... We all care or we'd never buy a hairbrush. I just mean that I haven't "had" to get done up in the morning for quite some time.

Last night, I took my shower, tweezed my unibrow, shaved my upper lip (I just can't handle wax there) and all that business so I could sleep in a little more. I only wash my hair about twice a week because it seems to make my hair loss* worse. I also don't bother shaving my legs because I always wear trousers. Sadly, because of this, I've really gotten out of practice and it takes me almost 10 minutes to shave.
Anyway, when I woke up, I feel like I woke up pretty fresh...
Or as fresh as one can be with not enough sleep. :(
It's a little embarrassing that this is the first glimpse of yours truly, but we might as well get the glamour shots out of the way first off.

To get ready for today, the very first thing I did was iron out my hair. I love the texture of my hair first in the morning, but by midday what looks like lovely beachy waves turns into some kind of white trash lookin' hot mess. You can see also that my hair is all separated and a bit chunky looking. I sweat really bad at night and I wake up kinda goofy - but that's also what makes it curly. To counteract that greasyness, I use Bed Head Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo.

Next, I used Benefit Cosmetics' EyeCon eye cream because it makes undereye concealer go on smoother and That Gal primer all over my face. For "foundation", I use Hello Flawless. I dust it on with the brush all over then use the sponge on my spots. I really hate foundation. Halfway through the day, it makes me itch. All of it. I have yet to find a brand that doesn't make me want to claw my face off. Even Hello Flawless makes me want to pick at my face... Which, sadly I did halfway thru my day.

For colour, I used the new holiday Her Name Was Glowla kit. Coralista blush really looks good on everyone even though it looks like crazy 80s stuff in the box. I'm quite fair and it is so nice and glowing on me.
In fact, you can barely see Coralista in this pic!
I also used Revlon Just Bitten lipstain (the new marker type) in either Flame or Gothic - I have both - under the lipgloss in the Glowla kit and Benefit Brow Zings to cover the fact that I really don't have much of an inner 1/3 to my eyebrows.

Everything wore pretty nicely during the day. I ate some lunch at work but the stain made it so I didn't have to carry lipstick with me. Even better, I had time to iron my shirt and sit and relax for about a half hour before leaving for work.
So, of course, myspace shot!
And there it is! I'm so good lookin' for work!



* I've been having problems with alopecia for some time. Off and on through most my life, really. Over the past year, I've lost about half my hair density. It's gotten so bad that my man compares me to a shedding cat. I had enough hair to create a 1 square foot portrait of myself in a week. What can I say, I'm an art student...
Anyway, this past weekend, it was discovered that I have seriously minimal adrenal function AND my thyroid is really sucking. I have an appointment on the 22nd to see what's going on. It's likely that both glands are having some sort of dysfunction, so it could go wither way as far as fixing the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment