Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Glitter and Gel Part 2!

I've talked a few times already, I think, about how much I love the OPI Designer Series. Somehow, I missed out on China Glaze OMG (found some at the supply shop today, though) so I'm diggin' the holo sparkle of DS.

After the success of the iPod glitterizing with Spitfire, I decided to take my Divine manicure into a more permanant arena...



I didn't get a "blur-o-vision" of this one, but the holo on this is pretty amazing too! Divine sparkles with blues and silvers. Very lovely and multi-dimensional.

I used the same method as before but did both the front and back this time. On the back, the brushstrokes didn't level out all the way. I'm not sure if I should be using more or less gel, a wider brush, or thinner product. Time will tell.

Til then, here's some rad pics of the project...
Matching nails. This is just too good of a shade. I may need more bottles!

I wish this captured the many colours of the sparkle better.

I see blue, and I see silver, and I see gold, and I see....

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I was thinking about using holos for art, to have an excuse to use those gorgeous paints more often.. this is so neat I just might have to try that first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad it inspired you Jette. I'm still getting the hand of making everything smooth, but ya can't deny that it looks COOOOOOOL!!!

    ReplyDelete