Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

News?

Do I finally have relevant news? Goodness, I hope so!

I put nail stickers on my Japanese Rose Garden. I got them from XXI about a year ago...
They're.... okay. They were cute and I had fun with them but they chipped off quickly. At the salon, I have my hands in water all day so I really need longevity out of my stuff. I have a lot of polish that will last a week or so, but even the polish - not just the stickers - peeled off. Lame.

But that's okay!

It's time for a celebratory change anyway....

NEW SHELLAC COLOURS DUE OUT SPRING 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In addition to the current offerings, CND will be adding to the Shellac line:
Mother of Pearl
Beau
Clearly Pink
Gotcha
Hollywood
Decadence
Masquerade
Iced Coral
Cocoa
Rock Royalty
Black Pool

and....

HOT POP PINK!

Ooh, Hot Pop Pink was one of my most favourite colours. I still have the entire Hot Pop collection, as well as a display backer card I stole from the beauty supply store. Man, I even have a binder from beauty school that I did completely Hot Pop themed.
So yeah, I'm obviously.... stoked....?


Hm. This is not the Hot Pop Pink I remember. It's a bit washed out because I couldn't get the camera to white balance for anything but the flash, but that is pretty dead-on as far as the shade goes.
It's Barbie pink.
Not that I have a problem with Barbie pink, it's just that Hot Pop Pink was so loud and in your face and WOOO LOOK AT ME I'M PINK!!!!!
This took 3 coats for even a streaky coverage and is still sticky without top coat a half hour later.

This is not the Hot Pop Pink I remember.
Has anyone else had problems with their older polishes getting strange like that? Everyone seems to talk about needing to thin it out and having stringy application. This was quite unexpected.
I'll be swatching the rest of my Hot Pop collection to see if it's just a pink problem and will be hoping hoping HOPING that the polish, not my memory, is faulty and the Shellac will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment