Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Nail Harmony Gelish is Amazing!

I cannot say it any other way. I started with potted brush-on coloured gels (think OPI Axxium but cheaper) and really kind of hated the idea. Not because it was cheap - I'm not a huge fan of Axxium either - but because it was clumpy and unwieldy.
Clumpy, gross off-brand gel.
I mean, look at that! And that's my non-dominant hand too! I tried it a few times but never really got better at what I was doing. Even worse, it would pop off each nail in a single solid piece within 2 or 3 days. SO not worth it.

I was convinced that gel was the nail colour of the future, though, so I decided to give Nail Harmony Gelish a try. It is inexpensive, has a very wide colour selection, and mini starter kits are available at Sally Beauty Supply.
Even so, this is another one of those things I'd recommend just to a professional. I know it seems as simple as normal nail polish but there's some stuff goin on and you don't want to get it all over your fingers or anything.
Thankfully, I'm a professional so I only screwed up my first try a teensie bit. ;)

The first time I used Gelish, I knew that I only had a Monday to do my nails for a dance the following Saturday. In between was 3 days of art classes where I deal with chemicals, abrasives, adhesives, solvents, and all mess of other nasty stuff and 2 days of work where my hands were going to be in the water all day long. If I used a conventional nail laquer, I would have had a chipped mess by the time Saturday rolled around.

It wore for a week and a half. One nail finally popped up when I slammed my finger in the door.

I've worn it a few times since then and each time I do my nails I get better and better at it. So today I decided to try some very simple nail art.

Here we have Gelish Black Shadow topped with very fine holo glitter in a reverse french then topped with one of their Aurora toppers before the final gloss coat. I'm not sure which topper I actually have. The name belongs to the pink one, but the fine holo shimmer is more blue.
Anyway, it's simply amazing not only in design (to toot my own horn) but also Gelish is amazing in its ease of application and longevity of wear. I can't wait to fully invest in a Gelish collection. It's just wonderful wonderful wonderful.

So enough words, check this out!



Legit, pics don't even capture it.
I could not be happier with this product.

1 comment:

  1. I love your shing-a-lings! And pants!
    I wish I had your beauty and fashion knowledge. I like makeup but I never know what to do with them or what to buy in the first place.
    beauty supply
    Beauty Supplies
    Cosmetics
    nails
    makeup

    ReplyDelete