Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

An idea perhaps?

Sorry for the lack of photos lately... Just haven't really had anything to photograph. Trust me, you do NOT want to see the chipped up blue glitter on my nails right now.

Which brings me on a tangent:
WTF with the new "One Coat Glitters"? Every time I've worn them, they chip the next day. Lame!

So anyway, I think I have an idea...
Today, we had our "Junk Swap" in my Foundations class. Foundations is where you begin to learn how to work with art supplies, try out some new stuff without too much a fear of failure, and really just let your creativity fly. My teacher does a LOT of mixed media work, so much of our work this semester will also be mixed media. We all brought in our various junk and leftover art supplies and traded with each other so we can maybe get inspired for other great stuff.

I took in 2 laundry baskets, a cardboard box, a shopping basket (which I totally admit I stole while I was a teenager), and a crockpot and came home with a laundry basket of other stuff. YAY! Things I don't have to pack back up!!

One of the things I picked up was a bottle of magnetic fingerprint powder. I almost hate mentioning this because someone with more knowledge and time than I is probably going to jump on this idea moments after I hit "post"... but I think I can use this stuff to make magnetic nail polish.

Now, I don't have any magnetic polishes of my own to even really know what on earth magnetic polish is but I've read a lot of blogs about it and I think I might be able to do this. I know it's highly prized and rather expensive. If I can successfully franken some, it will really open up so many colour options and finishes. How awesome would magnetic matte be?

Actually, probably not very. Meh, I'll try it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment